THE NEWQUAY ACTIVITY CENTRE (NAC) IS A MULTI-CENTRIC ACTIVITY PROVIDER BASED IN NEWQUAY, CORNWALL.
The NAC is committed to the continuous improvement of environmental performance and management and the prevention of pollution from the activities we undertake. We will comply with all applicable legal and other relevant requirements that relate to our environmental aspects, official codes of practice and, as far as is reasonably practicable, accepted best practice in environmental management.
WE ARE COMMITTED TO:
- Implementing energy saving technologies and initiatives
- Adopting strategies to minimise the environmental impacts of business travel
- Using utilities in a responsible and economic way to minimise negative impacts on the environment
- Managing waste according to our duty of care, minimising volumes going to landfill, by re-use and recycling wherever possible
- Purchasing supplies wherever possible which are recycled and recyclable, and whose production and use minimises the consumption of natural resources
- Conserving resources by ensuring that buildings and fittings are properly maintained and reflect appropriate eco guidance
- Communicating this policy and our environmental performance to appropriate people working for or on behalf of the organisation
- Using contractors / suppliers who perform the services in accordance with the government’s environmental policy, demonstrating commitment to the continuous improvement of environmental performance and the management and prevention of pollution from the activities they undertake.