Terms and Conditions
COVID-19 Terms & Conditions
This set of terms & conditions replaces the pre-existing terms and are applicable from 23rd March 2020. They will remain in place until such time as the World Health Organisation declares the pandemic over and all social distancing, lockdown and travel restrictions are lifted.
Once these conditions are removed, all bookings will revert back to Newquay Activity Centre’s standard terms and conditions (below).
In order to adhere to this recognised Global Force Majeure event, and to obey to restrictions enforced by the Prime Minister on the 23rd March 2020 and any subsequent lockdowns or restrictions, whether local or national due to Covid-19, we have amended our standard terms until further notice. This will enable guests to postpone their activity and move their booking to a mutually agreed date up to 18 months from their original booking date and carry forward 100% of the booking’s value regardless of any future price increases.
Thinking of cancelling?
We appreciate that in these unprecedented times you may be concerned, but our advice to our customers is to call and speak to us if you have any worries or questions. At this time, we strongly advise to defer your bookings where necessary to ensure all monies paid are retained for future use. We have reviewed our deferment policy and can now extend the validity of a credit up to 18 months. Should you find that you are unable to rebook or use your credit, please contact us to discuss, when we will be more than happy to assist.
TERMS & CONDITONS
- When booking a course, full payment is taken by Newquay Activity Centre. A declaration form must be filled in and completed on arrival at the centre before a person can take part in any course. Newquay Activity Centre do not accept any liability for loss caused by failure to complete the declaration form.
- Newquay Activity Centre require 100% of the total course cost when booking and have the right to cancel a person’s place on the course if full payment is not received. Course reminders will not be sent.
- Any cancellations or changes to your booking must be made in writing and will only be accepted from the date they are received by Newquay Activity Centre. Newquay Activity Centre will offer a credit note, if for any reason it is deemed unsafe to deliver an activity.
Refunds for cancellations are as follows:
- 4 weeks or more from Experience start date = full refund
- 2-3 weeks before Experience start date = 50% refund
- Less than 2 weeks to Experience start date = no refund
- If the booking is changed more than 21 days prior to the Experience, Newquay Activity Centre will make every effort to change the requested booking. Less than 21 days prior to the start, no changes can be made
- Newquay Activity Centre assume no liability in respect of personal injury, loss, damage or third party claims which occur through no fault of their own, or their instructors and cannot accept responsibility for any of the reasons cited above that a person may incur whilst participating in any of the activities unless Newquay Activity Centre can be proven negligent. I accept that I participate at my own risk and I confirm that I have my own insurance to cover any such injury, loss or damage or have chosen not to take out such insurance, even though I understand that this is my responsibility. I have declared any medical conditions (e.g. asthma, epilepsy etc.) or any other special needs that may affect mine or others’ safety whilst participating and accept Newquay Activity Centre do not accept any responsibility for any conditions not disclosed. I will not be permitted to consume alcohol or drugs prior to, or during, the activity sessions. Staff reserve the right to refuse participation to anyone considered to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Newquay Activity Centre’s equipment will be used for the activity, unless previously agreed. If I should damage or lose any Newquay Activity Centre’s equipment, I agree to inform a member of staff and understand that I will have to pay the current replacement value for any repairs or replacements.
- I agree to abide by all decisions and adhere to all instructions that Newquay Activity Centre staff and instructors make whilst under their supervision. This includes sea-related conditions beyond Newquay Activity Centre’s control (flat days, fog, dangerous sea conditions etc.) In this case, should a course/lesson be cancelled, a credit note will be issued which is valid for one year from the date of cancellation. No refunds will be issued. Newquay Activity Centre staff may require any participant to leave the activity session without compensation if that person acts in such a manner as to endanger him/herself or any other user or staff member.
- The accommodation providers listed on the website act as a guide only to assist in booking accommodation. No responsibility is taken by Newquay Activity Centre for booking any accommodation and they cannot be held responsible for any aspect of or problems arising from accommodation arrangements.
- The prices printed on this website are valid at the time of publication. Newquay Activity Centre reserve the right to increase or reduce any of the prices any time after publication. Any changes will be made clear at the time of booking. Newquay Activity Centre reserve the right to cancel or change course dates subject to notification of those persons booked on to course.
- Permission is given for participant’s contact details to be entered into the Newquay Activity Centre database and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. This information will not be forwarded to third parties.
- Any credit note issued for a cancellation is valid for one year from the date of issue.
- All of our group activities are a minimum age of 8. If anyone in your group is younger then the lesson will need to be run as a private session.
- Complaints concerning the centre or the activities should be referred to Newquay Activity Centre management at the end of the session and followed up in writing within 7 days of the session/course. Newquay Activity Centre will act accordingly to do everything possible to rectify the situation and issue a written reply.
- Any lost property will be kept at Newquay Activity Centre for a period of 2 days. If the item is not collected within that time frame, then Newquay Activity Centre reserve the right to dispose of the item. This includes Identification that has been unclaimed after surf equipment has been hired. No exception will be made.
- If your activity comes with a photo package, then Newquay Activity Centre will endeavour to upload and email you the website link for the photo gallery within 48hours. If you have not received this email within the timeframe then it is the guest’s responsibility to contact the centre. This must be done within 1 day after the initial 48hours. Failure to do this will result in any photos being deleted. If for any reason photos cannot be provided due to equipment failure or unclear email address being supplied then a credit note will be provided, or a reduced price session will be organised where the photos will be re shot.