01 Mar Newquay Activity Centre Coasteering Guide Course
What is this course?
This course will equip the candidate with the coaching and guiding skills to confidently enter the world of commercial coasteering.
Candidates will be evaluated on such subjects as; leading and managing a group, delivering a safety brief, rescue, incident management and route planning. On successful completion candidates will be equipped with the essential skills and knowledge that combined with site specific training, enable them to confidently deliver and/or assist on coasteering sessions.
Some of what we will cover :
- Coasteering safety equipment
- Planning a coasteer
- Briefing the coasteering group prior to the coasteer
- Coasteering group management
- Entry and exit techniques
- Risk Assessments
- Normal Operating procedures
- Emergency Action Procedures.
- Incident management
- Safety and Rescue
- Coasteering specific first aid and life support
- Final coasteering exercise and assessment
How much is it?
(Additional accommodation packages available £POA.)
What are the dates?
NEXT COURSE :25th-26th March 2017
Who is running the course?
Mark Kelly will be heading up this training course… Mark is one of the very first providers of commercial coasteering in Ireland and is the lead coasteer trainer for several UK companies. Mark is a highly experienced coasteering guide as well as being highly experienced and fully qualified in several other outdoor activities including, sea kayaking, Stand Up Paddleboarding and Surfing. In addition Mark is a trainer and assessor of Beach Lifeguarding and first aid awards for both The Royal Lifesaving Society and Surf Lifesaving Great Britain. Mark is also a member of the National Coasteering Charter and runs all coasteering activities in accordance to their guidelines.
Who is allowed to take part?
Pre – requisites for this course
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be able to swim 100 metres comfortably.
- Be medically and physically fit
- Experience of participation and delivery of adventurous activities.
- A recognised surf lifesaving qualification such as SLSGB or RLSS and/or recognised first aid certificate.
- Commercial Coasteering experience.
What will be the next steps when the course is complete?
On successful completion candidates will be equipped with the essential skills and knowledge that combined with site specific training, enable them to confidently deliver and/or assist on coasteering sessions. In addition they are guaranteed an interview and shadowing hours with Cornwall’s leading coasteering providers, as well as, individualized career development plans.
Call 01637 877722 to book your place