No trip to the coast is complete without heading down to the beach and checking out the local surf spots. Here in Cornwall we are lucky enough to have an abundance of quality surfing beaches no matter where you are in the county. Atlantic swells, golden beaches and crystal clear water make it a hotspot for surfers – and it’s easy to see why. If you still need persuading to book your surf lessons in Cornwall this summer, please read on.
Newquay Activity Centre is situated in the heart of the town overlooking the magnificent Towan beach. Just yards from the sea and a few minutes walk from the shops, bars and restaurants, we are perfectly located for surfing in Newquay. We have a team of highly qualified and experienced instructors on hand to help you realise your hidden surfing potential. There’s no better feeling than catching your first wave after stringing together everything you’ve learned. Feeling the force of the ocean underneath your board as you hold your balance and ride your way into the shallows. Raise those shakas brah!
It’s addictive and thrilling in equal measure and definitely something you’ll want to keep coming back for!
Award Winning Surf Lessons In Cornwall
Here at Newquay Activity Centre we are proud to keep our standards high and our training regular. This approach to quality has seen us win numerous awards over the last 15 years which really reflects how we deliver our surf lessons in Cornwall. The amazing team at Newquay Activity Centre have made this possible and our highly qualified surf instructors are always on hand to help.
We are three time winners of the prestigious Cornwall Tourism Gold Award, three time winners at the South West Tourism Awards, we have a Centre of Excellence award from Surfing England and we have also picked up many other proud achievements along the way.
Our awards are a constant reminder to be the best we can be and to continue to offer people the best surfing in Newquay. We help people realise their potential through our surf lessons in Cornwall, and we want to help them continue enjoying the ocean in the most sustainable way possible.
Dedicated YouTube Channel
Here at Newquay Activity Centre, we can appreciate and understand the need to try before you buy. With lots of different activity companies offering surf lessons in Cornwall, it’s always handy to see what you’re spending your money on before you commit to it. There is definite value in a quick sneak peak. We want you to be totally comfortable with your choice and also to know what to expect when you book with us.
That’s why we have our very own dedicated YouTube channel covering not only our surf lessons in Cornwall, but the whole selection of our ocean based adventure activities. Regularly updated and super informative, we love showing people what we’re all about. We have eye-catching overviews of the activities we offer, heaps of handy how-to videos and also films containing helpful information about the centre.
Whether you want to know how to do a front-side air reverse on a surfboard, see what our jet-ski coasteer is all about or simply wish to know a bit more about the caves we love to explore, head over to our YouTube channel for loads of exciting tips and tricks.
8 Varieties Of Surf Lessons in Cornwall
We use two of our best beaches to deliver lessons when it comes to surfing in Newquay – Towan beach and Fistral beach. These two beaches have gained fame for their endless sets of epic surf, perfect for our surf lessons in Cornwall. We’ve been teaching people to surf for over 20 years here at Newquay Activity Centre, so we know a thing or two about what makes a good surf spot. Luckily we’re a stone’s throw away from both of them, just one of the many reasons why you should visit us this year to book some surfing in Newquay.
Over these two beaches, we offer 8 different types of surf lessons. Throughout the years we’ve had the experience and feedback to make it possible to cater for everyone. Whether you’re just visiting us for an afternoon or you want to make a full week of surfing in Newquay, we have a package to suit your needs:
- Taster Surf Lessons – Perfect for the complete beginners. An introduction to surfing and basic beach safety. Hit the beach with our Swell foam surfboards which offer the most stable platform for learning from scratch.
- Explorer Surf Lessons – Similar to our taster surf lessons but with a much smaller group. Individualised feedback for each student on every wave. Photographs of the session are also included.
- Private Surf Lessons – Available for people of all skill levels, beginner to pro. Range of different surfboards to suit style or skill. 1:1 tuition with feedback every step of the way. Photographs also included.
- Apprentice Surf Lessons – 3 lesson package. Intensive tuition at a pace that suits you. Max group size of 5 with progressive goal setting and logging. Photographs included + 10% discount on other activities.
- Developer Surf Lessons – 4 lesson package to fast track your way onto the waves. Max group size of 5 with photographs included for unique feedback. Frequent and intense lessons build a solid foundation for your new skill.
- Family Surf Lessons – Private tuition for your family. Quality way of spending time together in an active environment. Qualified instructors experienced with all ages. Photographs included.
- Surf Experience Day – 2 hour surf lesson in the morning plus free use of equipment for the rest of the day. Access to changing rooms and facilities all day as well as helpful advice from our instructors.
- Multi Surf Package – 2 hour small group lesson with discounted rates on further lessons if booked together. Minimum 3 lessons. Photography of first lesson included and 15% discount at Ripcurl and The Boardroom.
With so many options for you this summer when it comes to surfing in Newquay, why not head on down and talk to one of our friendly team members. They’ll be sure to pick out the best surf lesson package and give you all the information you need. Booking surf lessons in Cornwall this year could be the step you need for an exciting new hobby. Check out our surfing page to view all of our surfing activities or call us on 01637 877722. We’d love to see you soon!